The appendix is a finger-sized tube that connects the large and small intestines. It serves no known purpose, but if it becomes inflamed or infected (appendicitis), you will require immediate treatment.
Pain in your lower right abdomen is caused by appendicitis. In most people, however, pain begins around the navel and progresses. Appendicitis pain typically worsens as the inflammation worsens and eventually becomes severe.
- Pain that appears suddenly on the right side of the lower abdomen.
- Pain that begins around your navel and frequently moves to your lower right abdomen.
- Coughing, walking, or other jarring movements aggravate the pain.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Appetite loss.
- Fever of low intensity that may worsen as the illness progresses.
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Bloating in the abdomen.
Appendicitis is most likely caused by a blockage in the lining of the appendix, which leads to infection. The bacteria multiply quickly, causing the appendix to become inflamed, swollen, and filled with pus. If not treated promptly, the appendix can rupture.
Appendicitis can cause serious complications, like:
- Rupture : Infection spreads throughout your abdomen as a result of a rupture (peritonitis). This potentially fatal condition necessitates immediate surgery to remove the appendix and clean your abdominal cavity.
- A pocket of pus burst : If your appendix bursts, you may develop an infection pocket (abscess). In most cases, a surgeon drains the abscess by inserting a tube through your abdominal wall into the abscess. The tube is left in place for about two weeks, and you are given antibiotics to clear the infection.
Why Dr. Vivek Tank ?
Dr. Vivek Tank is one of the most trusted and reputed endoscopic surgeon catering to the varied needs of patients in the best possible manner. The doctor offers top-notch treatment at an affordable cost to make sure that money is never a hindrance to getting quality treatment. Here are a few reasons why Dr. Vivek Tank stands out in the field of gastroenterology.
- More than a decade of experience
- Adequately trained and certified
- Accurate diagnosis
- Superior treatment facilities
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Use of modern tools and technologies
- Top-notch patient care
- 100 % patient satisfaction